Find out which site you think will be the most suitable for you for online dating.
1. Big Church
If you’re into Christian dating, Big Church is a website well worth checking out. It has amassed members in the 100M+ worldwide. As such it can connect you to other members of their sites, but only those that match your criteria.
Pros of Big Church
- Owned by a company that has designed many well-functioning dating sites
- Works like a social media network, so you can make friends as well as find people to date
- Many different ways for interacting with other members
- Offers a “relationship readiness” test
Cons of Big Church
- It’s a fairly small site with about 300,000 active members
- It’s owned by a company that also runs adult dating sites
The online dating network is great because it’s great because you know you’ll find a fully functioning social media experience. Therefore, the network includes other niche dating sites, so if you have no issues with that, Big Church is the best Christian dating site for you.
You will find plenty of Christian singles on eHarmony as the site has attracted over 29M members worldwide. While not a site specifically designed for Christian singles, you can easily search for members based on their fate.
Pros of eHarmony
- It’s a well-designed and easy to use Christian dating website
- It has 29M members worldwide
- It’s a site for those looking for serious relationships only
- You have to take a personality test to sign up, which ensures you only get serious members
- The price tag also deters members who aren’t serious about finding love
- You can easily search for members of the same faith
- eHarmony has a solid reputation as one of the world’s best online dating sites
Cons of eHarmony
- It’s not a niche Christian dating site
- It’s expensive to become a member
While eHarmony is not a Christian dating site, it offers plenty of Christian members serious about finding love. You can use the search filter to find other Christian members near you. eHarmony offers a unique online dating experience due to the intricate personality test you have to take when signing up so as to get matched with like-minded members.
Zoosk doesn’t fall into the category of Christian dating sites, but what it does offer is a large membership base from all over the world. You can easily search for Christian singles near you, making dating as a Christian easy.
Pros of Zoosk
- Massive site with over 40M members
- All genders, sexual orientations and faiths welcome
- Focuses on serious dating, though there are people on there looking for casual dating as well
- Want to connect people using their stories, as opposed to just images
- Has a unique algorithm where it tracks your behavior on the site and pairs you up with others based on that (and you can view your own insights to see for yourself how it works)
- Fairly strict verification measures to ensure members are real
Cons of Zoosk
- It’s not a site specifically targeting Christians
- You have to pay to be able to contact other members properly
Zoosk is an incredibly popular catholic dating site, and with over 40M members, you will find plenty of Christians using it. You can easily search for other Christian members, but it’s not a site where faith is in the center. Rather Zoosk focuses on pairing members based on their behavior while using the site.
This is a site that values morals. If you swear, upload naught images, or does anything else considered immoral, you’ll be banned from the site.
Pros of Christian Dating for Free
- The site is fully functional without a paid membership
- Offers forums and live chat rooms
- You can set requirements for who is allowed to contact you (such as saying they need to have at least one photo)
- All members of the Christian faith are welcome (such as Adventist singles, Catholic singles, etc.) and you have to answer questions about what church you belong to and how often you attend church
- You will get daily matches and can also search for members that meet your criteria
- App and website available
Cons of Christian Dating for Free
- If you want special features, you need to pay (but you can connect with others without using those features)
- It’s a small site
- The design of the site is rather old-fashioned
If you don’t mind a smaller dating pool and a site that doesn’t have the prettiest design, Christian Dating for Free is an excellent option. If, on the other hand, you want a super modern site with lots of innovative features and a large dating pool, then you’re better off elsewhere.
Elite Singles is a dating site for working professionals, most of whom hold a university degree. As it’s a massive site, you can easily find fellow Christian members making dating as a Christian easy. The site focuses solely on serious relationships.
Pros of EliteSingles
- A well-known dating site with over 13M members worldwide
- You have to take a personality test to sign up and you’re matched with others based on the test results
- You can freely search for other members using the site
- Over 80% of members hold a university degree
- It’s a site for singles looking for serious dating
- You can search for members of the Christian faith
Cons of EliteSingles
- It’s not a niche Christian dating site
- It doesn’t have as many members as a site like Zoosk, or eHarmony
- It costs a pretty penny to be a member
Elite Singles is a dating site for Christian singles with a great reputation and has been around for long enough to have become a favorite site for many. Most users are over 30 and looking for a serious relationship, and you can easily search for Christian members. On the downside, it’s not a site for Christians and while many members may call themselves Christian, religion might not be an important factor in their lives.
Christian dating isn’t confined to niche Christian dating sites as you’e discovered through this list. Silver Singles is a dating site for Christian singles dedicated to age 50 and older and you can search the site for Christian singles.
Pros of Silver Singles
- A great site if you’re looking to date those over 50
- Mainly for people looking for a serious relationship
- You can search for other Christian members
- You have to answer a detailed personality test when signing up
- App and website available
Cons of Silver Singles
- Only has about 800,000 members worldwide
- You can onlyview photos and send messages if you’re a paying member
If you’re 50+ and looking for a serious relationship, Silver Singles is an excellent Christian dating site for over 50 singles, albeit with a fairly small membership base at present. If you live close to a large city, it’s likely easier to find members near you. While not a site for Christian singles, you can search for those with the same faith as you.
7 . Christian Mingle
Christian Mingle is a Christian dating site that is, frankly, huge. It has over 9M members worldwide, including Adventist singles, catholic singles, and so forth.
Pros of Christian Mingle
- Owned and operated by Spark Networks, which owns other big sites such as EliteSingles
- Has over 9M members worldwide
- Even distribution of male and female members
- You get daily matches based on your preferences
- You can search for other members using your own search criteria
- It’s available as an app as well as a website
Cons of Christian Mingle
- You need to pay for a membership to be able to message other members
- The site offers no personality test or other forms of innovative matchmaking
- You don’t have the option of calling using the app nor video chatting
Christian Mingle offers many Christian singles in one place and is a well-designed website and app. However, the site offers no fun features or innovative ways of engaging with other users. Overall it is a great site if you want to meet a lot of Christians in one place and want a straightforward online dating experience.
Christian Cafe is among the oldest Christian dating websites—it opened its doors already back in 1999. With over 2M members worldwide, it’s grown in popularity over the years.
Pros of Christian Cafe
- Over 2M members worldwide
- Been around for over 20 years
- Offers more than dating—you can get advice and support, as well as simply chat with other members
- It’s a niche Christian dating site
- About the same amount of male and female members
Cons of Christian Cafe
- You might find more Christians on a large general dating site
- Old-fashioned design
- The free trial membership does not allow you to share contact details with other members (meaning you have to pay)